Re: Rac on Linux

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:47:47 GMT

> OFCS is
> marked for obsolescence and you really don't want to bring some
> third-party volume management vendor into the mix unless you enjoy
> finger-pointing exercises.

This is not a discourse on which is better, OCFS or ASM. But I do challenge the notion that OCFS is dead or dying. It may be dead from Oracle's development and support point of view, but that is because they have shipped OCFS 2 to the Linux community:

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/117697.htm http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-04-2006/0004333067&EDATE=

So OCFS will live on in some form or another.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net