update with an external file

From: M. Ostertag <manuel.ostertag_at_de.bosch.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:47:45 +0200

Hello,

I want to update a field in a table with an external text-file.

If I want to update the filed I normally use this command: update zeichnung set migrstate='todo' where numer='1478741';

This works fine, but not for 30000 rows. It is very slow.

So I want to update the field migrstate with an external text-file

 The external text-file has only one row (the filed number) for example:
1478741
8754874
5897445
.
.
.

All those numbers exist in the database. So I want to update the field migrstate='todo' for all those numbes
in the text-file, but I don't know how :-((

I hope anybody can help me.

Thanks Received on Wed Sep 13 2006 - 03:47:45 CDT