Re: How's your shared server doing?

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:35:28 GMT

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 03:43:48 -0400, NetComrade wrote:

I don't follow your thoughts that they 'just hand off requests'.

As far as I can tell, the dispatcher needs to
- communicate with the listener about it's availability;

(Plus ... I can see a bunch more to-dos as well.)

While not neccessarily difficult, it seems to me that the dispatcher is doing a fair bit of wait-n-see work, while also managing a lot of internal lists.

Depending on the number of circuits per dispatcher, I could see it getting very, very busy doing 'a lot of not much'.

It's like a grocery store check-out clerk ... not necessarily a lot of work or particularily tough work, but constant and no breaks.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!