Re: Oracle Benchmark Results for Different Hardware Configurations?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:13:31 -0700

Bob Jones wrote:

> Again, how relevant is that to the real world, given both the apps and
> tuning processes are different?

I've stayed out of this thread but now you've hit the nail squarely on the head.

As far as I am concerned all benchmarks, and 99.9% of the "experts" commenting on our industry are making money selling fluff or running scams.

I don't trust any of them for anything. Any reputable vendor will deliver hardware on which system tests can be run or will let you use their lab. If they won't just scratch them off the list. Oracle too has a lab available to select customers.

--
Daniel Morgan
University of Washington