oracle system audit for local host activity

From: Richard <richard_p_franklin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2006 19:33:18 -0700

hi,

I want to use oracle system audit to catch all activity on my database that originates on the database server itself. I don't want to capture any of the networked application activity that comes across tns/network, I only want to catch the activity that users do when they access the database from the host that the database is on.

In my environment, this is very little activity, and so I don't want to fill the system audit tables with routine application and networked database access. I want just the access from local host. I don't want to have a lot of work managing the audit tables, just a good record of this infrequent activity.

how can I pre-filter the audit events so that *only* the events correlating to activity by a user on the database host get logged???

thx,
rpf Received on Tue Sep 12 2006 - 21:33:18 CDT