Re: -1555-ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 7 with name "_SYSSMU7$" too small

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2006 10:40:05 -0700

spremuta_at_gmail.com wrote:
> sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com ha scritto:
>
> > What is the value of undo_retention parameter ?
> >
> > There is a link between this error and with your undo)retention value.
> >
> > Jaffar
> >

> undo_retention = 10800

OEM has an undo resource advisor that makes this all much more clear. (In Oracle Enterprise Manager, Standalone), just open your instance, then click on "instance," then click on any of the advisors, and close the top window, then click on the undo tab.

I presume you meant database version 9.2.0 rather than 9.0.2?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Tivo finally goes HD: