Re: PL/SQL Code utilities?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:41:13 +0200

fitzjarrell_at_cox.net schreef:
> frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com wrote:

>> fitzjarrell_at_cox.net schreef:
>>

>>> DBMS_TRACE is, I believe, what you're trying to remember, documented
>>> here:
>>>
>> Nope - I'm sure it had levels

>>From the posted link at www.psoug.org for DBMS_TRACE:

> Tracing Calls Level 1: Trace all calls. This corresponds to the
> constant trace_all_calls.
> Level 2: Trace calls to enabled program units only. This corresponds to
> the constant trace_enabled_calls.
> Enabling cannot be detected for remote procedure calls (RPCs); hence,
> RPCs are only traced with level 1.
> Tracing Exceptions Level 1: Trace all exceptions. This corresponds to
> trace_all_exceptions.
> Level 2: Trace exceptions raised in enabled program units only. This
> corresponds to trace_enabled_exceptions.
>
> Tracing Lines Level 1: Trace all lines. This corresponds to the
> constant trace_all_lines.
> Level 2: Trace lines in enabled program units only. This corresponds to
> the constant trace_enabled_lines.
>
> Tracing SQL Level 1: Trace all SQL. This corresponds to the constant
> trace_all_sql.
> Level 2: * Trace SQL in enabled program units only. This corresponds to
> the constant trace_enabled_sql.
>
> Apparently it does have levels.
>

> David Fitzjarrell

Not what I meant. I meant ALTER SESSION SET PLSQL_OPTIMIZE_LEVEL=2; I have found the thread, btw.
http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/thread/ccfdd33f64ee1a58/045ac528a9e6dbcc?lnk=st&q=morgan+%22alter+session%22+level+compile&rnum=1&hl=nl#045ac528a9e6dbcc
--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel