show all values between X and Y

From: Stacy Y <calgarydatagrl_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2006 07:57:07 -0700

Hi there,

I am working on a reporting project where all datefields have been set as varchar2 fields, so computations on dates are proving to be quite tricky.

I have a create date and a completion date, and I need to find the number of days between those two dates, not including off days (weekends and holidays). The weekend and holiday dates are stored in a separate table, so I can reference back to them (i.e: NOT IN (SELECT * FROM TABLE). Can anyone help me with the way this statement would look? I'm stuck. This is the line for what I have so far - I don't know how to incorporate that reference into it...

SELECT
SUBSTR(CAD.AEVEN.XDTS,-16,8)-SUBSTR(CAD.AEVEN.CREATE_DATETIME,-16,8) AS ELAPSED_DAYS Thanks!
Stacy Received on Tue Sep 12 2006 - 09:57:07 CDT