Re: Enterprisemanager and Session Details -> Open Cursers: are they really open?

From: Lars Tetzlaff <lars.tetzlaff_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:36:08 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:
> Lars Tetzlaff wrote:
>

>>> So what is the point of the inquiry? If you can't get to the front-end

>> Do I have a problem or not? If OEM shows cached cursors i don't have a
>> problem. If they are really open i have a problem.

> I would be interested in knowing how you came to this conclusion?
> Problems are identified by system warnings and errors or problems
> with scalability and performance causing SLA issues. What issue are
> you addressing?
>
> If it is only that cursors are open you live in utopia.
That there are some cursors that are open is not a problem.

But i as a programmer know that i have to close a cursor that is not used any longer. If i don't, i eventually will get an "to many open cursors" error.

If i used the API to close a cursor but find this cursor still open i have to look for bugs.

I can't wait until a customer finds "to many open cursors".

Lars Received on Tue Sep 12 2006 - 09:36:08 CDT