Re: Enterprisemanager and Session Details -> Open Cursers: are they really open?

From: Lars Tetzlaff <lars.tetzlaff_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:51:50 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:

> Lars Tetzlaff wrote:
>> DA Morgan wrote:

>>> Are these cursors opened explicitly by code as in an OPEN CURSOR
>>> statement or, as I would guess, implicit cursors opened by Oracle
>>> that are available for reuse?
>>
>> Since we are using QT i don't know exactly what statements are executed.
>> QT uses OCI. To fetch data they use OCIStmtExecute and OCIStmtFetch or
>> OCIStmtFetch2. The statement handle is released witch OCIHandleFree.
>>
>> I can see my SQL statement in the list of open cursors after
>> OCIHandleFree is executed. This happens even i a simple test program
>> with "select * from t1".
>>
>> Lars
>
> So what is the point of the inquiry? If you can't get to the front-end
Do I have a problem or not? If OEM shows cached cursors i don't have a problem. If they are really open i have a problem. > C++ you've nothing much to do except monitor for problems. As the > company that sold it to you if this is normal: Likely it is. I have the source of QT. But if there is no problem i don't have to understand and debug the code.

> BTW: OCI or whatever you can still trace what it is doing.

Lars Received on Tue Sep 12 2006 - 05:51:50 CDT