Re: -1555-ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 7 with name "_SYSSMU7$" too small

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2006 03:50:06 -0700

spremuta_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, i have this errors in an oracle 9.0.2 db, on a hp-ux system.
> I have read some info about this issue, i executed this query:
>
> [skip...]
>
> thanks for assistance
> regards
>
> Drain

And what the application is doing when you're getting the error? Does it happen to fetch something from a big result set in a loop and commit inside this loop? Or does it happen that the query runs longer than specified undo retention period (10800 seconds is 3 hours,) while there's a lot of transactional activity in the db?

Regards,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Tue Sep 12 2006 - 05:50:06 CDT