Re: About Java Stored Procedure

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2006 03:20:46 -0700

Sameer wrote:
> One of the fields of a table is having NUMBER datatype.
> The values stored in this field are the values represented using long
> number representation of a date. [The long values represent the
> specified number of milliseconds since the standard base time known as
> "the epoch", namely January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 GMT.]
>
> A java function to convert this long value to string is:
>
> static String Long2String(long ldate) {
> Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
> cal.setTimeInMillis(ldate);
> int day=cal.get(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH);
> int month=cal.get(Calendar.MONTH)+1;
> int year = cal.get(Calendar.YEAR);
> String strDate= day+"/"+month+"/"+year;
> return strDate;
> }
>
> I am new to Java Stored Procedure.
> How to use this as a java stored procedure in the database.
> Can I query the database using this function?
> -sameer

1 You don't need a JSP for this purpose, as Oracle dates are expressed in DAYS, an you can add and subtract with (fractions) of dates 2 If you are new to JSP you need to read the documentation on JSP. You should NOT ask questions here.
You have a history of asking RTFM questions, please stop being lazy.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA