Re: temp tablespace in 10g

From: News <Contact_404_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2006 01:38:18 -0700

Frank van Bortel a écrit :
> Permanent tablespaces have overhead - your performance will increase!

I agree temp tablespaces created with clause TEMPORARY performs better (no segment allocation and deallocation and no release by smon) but how to avoid the problem without shutting and restarting server ??

> And on MV's - don't recreate them - refresh then with the
> changes only - it's called a fast refresh.

Fast refresh didn't work for the main MVs. It takes eternity.

"Note:209571.1 from metalink:
- Fast refreshes are more efficient than complete refreshes WHEN there are few changes to the master table(s) "

In some cases it never ends. Each day I recreate 44 MVs. It takes 4 hours and consumes 150 GB. Oracle cannot do better. Received on Tue Sep 12 2006 - 03:38:18 CDT