Re: I need help with which path to choose!

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:02:17 -0700

Louly wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm a database developer and Access is my current tool. I decided to
> upgrade to Oracle, but I'm not very familiar with Oracle. I need your
> advice on which path to take. I need to be certified.
>
> Any advice would be helpfull.
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Louly

Certification, at least in my part of the US, is a total waste of time and money. Essentially it will get you nothing but a piece of expensive paper you can hang on the wall.

As Robert recommends start with the Concepts books at tahiti.oracle.com Download a copy of Oracle from otn.oracle.com and install it. Check for a local user group where you may be able to get help:

   http://www.psoug.org/usergrps.html
Find someone that can help you learn if possible

MS Access is a toy by comparison and you will have a huge amount of to both learn and unlearn. Stay with it the learning curve may be steep but the rewards profound.

--
Daniel Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group