Re: detect and kill my own procedure if it's running

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 11 Sep 2006 16:40:47 -0700

Akimeu wrote:
> hello group. so i have a stored procedure but do not have dab
> privileges on the db. what i'd like to accomplish, is the following:
>
> 1. within the procedure, before i execute the main logic, check to see
> if another session is executing this procedure. if so, go ahead and
> kill that session and continue executing.
>
> i looked at dbms_application_info... but, that's only part of the hurdle
> it seems. i'd appreciate any feedback on this. thanks in advance.

Sounds like you are doing something fundamentally "wrong." Have you read the Concepts Guide, particularly the parts about read consistency and rolling back? Maybe if you tell us what you are trying to do in the procedure we can help you do it right.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus
http://fairy.mahdzan.com/story/202.asp