Re: how to purge the files that are older than 90 days

From: steven_nospam at Yahoo! Canada <steven_nospam_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 8 Sep 2006 13:02:00 -0700

muddu wrote:
> Hi All ORA DBA's,
>
> I am in need of a unix shell script that will purge(clean up) all the
> files from history that are older than 90 days.
>
> Thanks
> Muddu.

I'd suggest posting this to comp.unix.admin or to one of those unix groups as they will be more helpful. You should also be more precise as to what exactly you are trying to delete. Is it just Oracle logs, UNIX .sh_history files you want to trim, or some personal files on the system. With very little background on what you are trying to clean up, someone may post a command for you that will delete ALL files older than 90 days and you will then be chatting with your company president, client's lawyers, or school principal, whichever happens to be appropriate in this case.

Since I believe a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, you can check out the "find" command, the "grep" command, the "xargs" command, and the "rm" command. Those in the right order and with the right flags should do what you want it to do.

Steve Received on Fri Sep 08 2006 - 15:02:00 CDT