Re: Datafiles 32 & 64 compatibility

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Sep 2006 12:14:46 -0700

astalavista wrote:

> > Think logical!
> > What is your response?
> >
> > NO
> It was I thought ..
> Thanks

Actually, they are, depending on the processor endian type. If the Oracle version is the same, and the processor endian is the same, all you must do is run the utlirp.sql script to invalidate and recompile all packages (converts internal format from 32 to 64 bit). We did this a couple of years ago when we are on 9.2.0.6.

Regards,

Steve Received on Fri Sep 08 2006 - 14:14:46 CDT