Re: Enterprisemanager and Session Details -> Open Cursers: are they really open?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:21:18 GMT

> The Open Cursors Tab shows ~40 open cursors, but if the program works
> correct there shouldn't be any open cursor.

How do you determine how many cursors are opened without using a cursor?   So there should be at least *some* open cursors. Issuing any SELECT statement involves a cursor. And the same SELECT statement will involve more than one cursor as their is recursive SQL in the mix.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net