Re: Rac Backups....

From: B14 <b14speedfreak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Sep 2006 01:48:57 -0700

joel garry wrote:

> B14 wrote:
>
> > Based on a few replys I have had from other forums, the general opinion
> > seems to be changing the fileperset in the main backup to say 15
> > instead of 150.
> >
> > Thought I would just put the answer on as it may be of use to someone
> > else later on,
> >

> I don't know if it applies to anything beyond my particular situation,
> but I've noticed if all data files are the same size, RMAN seems to
> parallelize more evenly. If a few are much larger, those few seem to
> spend a lot of time being worked on alone.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> anti-spam spam http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.40.html#subj4

I think that this is really a veritas problem to be honest, I really don't think it anything to do with Oracle, I mean it could be, but it just seems like the bandwidth to the tape drives is being stiffled.

At the moment I am getting 10 mb per second write on 2 tape drives (the backup is being done via a gig link line). When I backup other databases I am getting 20mb per second on a single tape drive!

I don't know really whats up with it, some of guys in the office think its because we are running on OCFS1 they reckon OCFS2 is a much quicker file system.

Thanks again everyone,

Mark. Received on Fri Sep 08 2006 - 03:48:57 CDT