Re: Oracle 10g automatic memory management and PL/SQL Developer

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:12:58 -0700

Dereck L. Dietz wrote:
> The following concerns a datawarehouse system running under Oracle 10g R2.
>
> In a meeting today the off-site DBA mentioned that he had turned off
> Oracle's automatic memory management feature because of it's causing
> problems with PL/SQL Developer.
>
> Has anybody experienced problems with PL/SQL Developer on systems using the
> automatic memory feature? If so would you post what you had to do so I can
> bring it up at the next database meeting?
>
> Thanks.

My first instinct is to fire the DBA.

Before I did though I'd want to calm down and find out a bit more like what version of everything and how this DBA came to this conclusion: But this sounds like total nonsense and makes me wonder what other nonsense is in play.

--
Daniel Morgan
University of Washington