Shared Server configuration on a datawarehouse

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 00:13:04 GMT

I'm working with a datawarehouse using Oracle 10g R2. Our DBA said he was using shared servers instead of dedicated servers because of the amount of connections we have. He then went on to say the max connections we've had has been 40.

Is having a maximum of 40 connections cause to user a shared server for a datawarehouse?

Thanks. Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 19:13:04 CDT