PL/SQL dynamically reporting argv[0] in function or procedure

From: <heber.s.pam_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2006 16:10:13 -0700

I need pl/sql objects to "dynamically" 'learn' what their object_name is. For
example:
create or replace function echo_my_name (inStr varchar2) return varchar2 IS
BEGIN
return 'The function '|| {function_name} ||' received '||inStr||' as argv[1]';
END;
/

I want to know what it takes for me to replace {function_name} in this function
so that it would return "ECHO_MY_NAME". In c I would be using argv[0], but I
do not know the syntax to do so in PL/SQL. I believe you have the capacity,
because your own error-stack messages often include the offending object's name. Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 18:10:13 CDT