Re: how many database we have

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:50:28 GMT

> I know how to start database with pfile or spfile. But if database is
> open from last 5 hours. Then how could we see whether it was started
> with pfile or spfile.

In SQL*Plus, SHOW PARAMETER SPFILE or query V$PARAMETER. If the value is set, a SPFILE was used to start the database. If blank, then a PFILE was used.

> How many databases means I can create service with oradim command
> whether I create database or not. But if I am new dba then how can we
> see that.

You can create as many databases as your disk can hold. You can start as many instances as you have resources on the server.

> and about controlfile size I want to know the size of controlfile in
> bytes used right now.

SELECT SUM(record_size) FROM v$controlfile_record_section;

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net