Change Open connection Idle timeout

From: Sam <sasan.raisdana_at_mobidia.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 17:52:00 GMT

Hi There,
I'm opening a connection form a C++ program to a Oracle database(10g) and writing records to database constantly.
If I keep writing to database everything is OK but if I stop writing for a while connection close and I need to
open a new connection again,

For some testing purpose I like to leave the connection open for a period of time (between 10 minutes to a few hours for example) is there a way that I control idol time and make Oracle keep my connection open even if I don't do anything? What is the default value? I saw something about cman.ora on Internet but when I search for that file on my Oracle directory I can not find such a file. Is there a easy way to control that idle time?

Thank you in advanced - Sam Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 12:52:00 CDT