Re: how many database we have

From: peter <hhh.database_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2006 10:07:29 -0700

Steve Howard wrote:
> peter wrote:
> > Pls tell me how to see how many database we have in windows and
> > linux................
> > and what are there names ........
> > how to see how our database is started, I mean with PFILE or
> > SPFILE....................
> > How to see that ....
> > one more question
> > what is the size of controlfile from sqlplus ......
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> What have you read in the documentation? If anything is unclear in it
> specifically, post back with what it is.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

I know how to start database with pfile or spfile. But if database is open from last 5 hours. Then how could we see whether it was started with pfile or spfile.
How many databases means I can create service with oradim command whether I create database or not. But if I am new dba then how can we see that.
and about controlfile size I want to know the size of controlfile in bytes used right now. Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 12:07:29 CDT