Re: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number

From: CJM <cjmnews04_at_REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:35:28 +0100

"Steve Howard" <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157637504.340063.218110_at_h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

> It would make all the difference, actually, if they are only "near"
> identical.

Ok, obviously it would make a difference. What I was trying to say (but glossing-over) was that the error was not with the general approach, because the other similar routines work fine. It was with the specifics of the this example, where I had presumably mis-typed something or had made a syntactical mistake. When I recreated the code from scratch (using the same knowledge and approach) it worked.

Going by your example (thanks, btw), I can only assume that the problem was a similar mismatch between the parameters object and the procedure call.

Thanks

Chris Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 09:35:28 CDT