Re: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number

From: CJM <cjmnews04_at_REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:25:08 +0100

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1157567064.560452_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...
> CJM wrote:
>> I'm trying to call a package/procedure in oracle (from an ASP page) which
>> requires a number of parameters. I have got this working using OO40 but
>> unfortunately the transaction rollback function doesnt seem to do much.
>
> Doesn't seem to do much ... means precisely what?

Unfortunately it means exactly what it says... I issued transactional commands against a database object which neither returned an error or did anything useful. Specifically, I couldnt rollback series of transactions; se my earlier thread 'OO4O Transactions: Updates not being rolled=back'.

>> So I'm now trying to use ADO instead (in the hope that ADO transactions
>> will work), however I'm getting the above error.
>
> And that error, presumably, came with a line number. Use it to track
> down the offending line.

The offending line was marked (perhaps not clearly enough) in my code snippet. Not surprisingly, it was at the point were the oracle package was called.

Anyway, I've finally got it all working, and thankfully I have transactional control through ADO (see my reply to Steve).

Thanks for your efforts anyway.

CJM Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 04:25:08 CDT