compatible

From: <mike7411_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2006 16:03:19 -0700

On Oracle 10g, I tried the following option:

ALTER SYSTEM SET compatible='8.1.0' SCOPE=spfile;

However, when I try to reload, it refuses to load, saying:

ORA-00401: the value for parameter compatible is not supported by this release

I don't know how to change the parameter back without the database being loaded.

Any ideas? Received on Wed Sep 06 2006 - 18:03:19 CDT