Re: system tablespace rollback segment is corrupted in 8i or 9i

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 6 Sep 2006 14:39:57 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
> > DA Morgan wrote:

> >> The link please ... the link. I want to capture this for my students.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >> --
> >> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> >
> > http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/b_deprec.htm
> >

> > David Fitzjarrell

> I followed your link and found it in 9.2 but I can not find the
> equivalent statement in the 10g docs. I've asked for a clarification
> from Oracle.
>

> Thanks for the link.
> --
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group

I'm finding that the production systems won't allow me to create another SYSTEM rollback segment as they are in automatic undo mode. The test systems I've modified are not using automatic undo (for reasons unknown to me). I'm expecting to rectify that situation shortly, or at least discover why they're still using rollback segments.

I apologise for any confusion I (and the Oracle documentation for 9.2) may have created with this.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Sep 06 2006 - 16:39:57 CDT