Re: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2006 11:20:31 -0700

> Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong? Better still, can anyone post a
> working code snippet that I can use as a model? I already have another [very
> similar] function which calls a different package/procedure which works
> fine.
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> CJM

I am willing to bet that this is an ADO issue in terms of how you are passing arguments. I would suggest getting a SQL*PLUS session (this is probably installed on the web server under the oracle directories) in the database, and manually running the procedure through that. If it works there, you have a mapping issue. Try something like ...

variable iResult number

exec AddSerialToHistory2('test',

                                      'test',
                                      1,
                                      'test',
                                      'test',
                                      'test',
                                      'test',
                                      'test',
                                      'test',
                                      'test',
                                      'test',
                                      :iResult);

print iResult

...in the SQLPLUS session I suggested.

Regards,

Steve Received on Wed Sep 06 2006 - 13:20:31 CDT