Re: Tablespace storage directory

From: mixint <divann_at_wp.pl>
Date: 6 Sep 2006 03:49:12 -0700

Brian Peasland napisal(a):
> When you create a tablespace, you can specify the datfile name and
> location similar to the following:
>
> CREATE TABLESPACE ts_name
> DATAFILE '/directory/filename';
>
> If you want Oracle to automatically place the file in a specific
> directory, then set your DB_CREATE_FILE_DEST parameter to the directory
> and when you create the tablespace, do not use the DATAFILE clause.

Yes, it worked without the DATAFILE clause.

Some other tablespace commands:
http://www.psoug.org/reference/tablespaces.html

PS.
Actually my intention was to write something like: CREATE TABLESPACE ts_name
DATAFILE 'filename.dbf';
and make Oracle create it in my specified directory instead of ORACLE_HOME/some_internal_dir, but your solution is fine for now.

Thanks for help. Received on Wed Sep 06 2006 - 05:49:12 CDT