Re: Question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:23:35 -0700

Liberty Valance wrote:
> I work for a large well know international company that uses many
> different databases developed in oracle. We've had openings in the
> past year 3 times for database administrators that have a BS in Data
> Processing and a strong knowledge of Oracle. I've have a working
> knowledge of VB, MS Access, C & C++ FrontPage etc. but no knowledge of
> Oracle. Can someone suggest the fastest method or way I can learn
> Oracle.

Yes but you aren't going to like it as your skills are essentially antithetical to being a decent DBA.

> Many Thanks
> Lib

Step 1: Learn Oracle architecture and concepts (tahiti.oracle.com)
Step 2: Become a PL/SQL developer and devote yourself to it for 3-5 years
Step 3: Become a junion DBA.

That is the fastest method I know if competence is part of the criteria.

--
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group