Question

From: Liberty Valance <liberty___valance_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2006 16:29:43 -0700

I work for a large well know international company that uses many different databases developed in oracle. We've had openings in the past year 3 times for database administrators that have a BS in Data Processing and a strong knowledge of Oracle. I've have a working knowledge of VB, MS Access, C & C++ FrontPage etc. but no knowledge of Oracle. Can someone suggest the fastest method or way I can learn Oracle.

In the past I've simply bought the software and learned that way but I'm under the impression that oracle is very expensive and that I need a large server to run it. Can I run oracle on a PC? Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to start acquiring more knowledge for maybe apply for this job in the future if it comes open again?
Many Thanks
Lib Received on Tue Sep 05 2006 - 18:29:43 CDT