Odd problem with cache...

From: Alfons Åberg <knold_at_ms.xom>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:24:29 +0200

At my job we have an odd problem with and 8.1.7 DB.

We've a Java JDBC quuery, which uses bind variables. One the first execute the performance is slow - succeding fast. Now, starting a new browser session and executing the exact same piece of code - the above pattern happens again. Should the query be cached at this point?

I should mentioned that this behaviour occours at both our development systems and our production environment. Both with very little user activity - hence the cache shouldn't be flushed in between.

Do Oracle keep a kind of session cache or what?

Regards, Alfman Received on Tue Sep 05 2006 - 11:24:29 CDT