Re: problems creating new database

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 04:40:50 -0700

gazzag wrote:

> Scripts are repeatable; they can be ran again and again against
> different environments, if needs be, and always yield the same results.

Which leads to why I hate scripts (in practice not in theory).

Not to criticize you personally: But that belief system often leads to doing so between version numbers without retesting.

Oracle may do a great job of backward compatibility ... but how many of those lovely scripts still have SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK ... even though rollback segments are gone?

--
Daniel Morgan
University of Washington