Re: How to audit trigger enabling/disabling

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2006 02:09:31 -0700

SL wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (8.1.7.4 on SUN Solaris 8, know it's a bit old but that's not the point
> ;)
>
> This is a question about how to use the AUDIT statement to keep track
> of the enabling/disabling of triggers.
>
> I set the AUDIT_TRAIL to TRUE and issue the following statement (logged
> as SYSDBA) :
> AUDIT TRIGGER BY ACCESS;
>
> Then, I issued this statement :
> alter trigger <owner>.<trigger> disable;
>
> When I check the sys.aud$ table, I can't see any audit row for that
> statement.
> (On the other side, I have some tables audited by access for delete,
> insert and update statements. These statements log audit when issued)
>
> I'm a bit confused with the AUDIT syntax and I surely forgot something.
> Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> SL

As I understood, you ran ALTER TRIGGER still being logged in as SYSDBA? SYSDBA is not audited in 8i except a few actions which are always audited, and even where it can be (9.2 and later,) the trail for administrative users is written to the OS audit facility, not SYS.AUD$. That's why you didn't see any trail.

Regards,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Tue Sep 05 2006 - 04:09:31 CDT