Re: problems creating new database

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:51:08 -0700

Matthias Hoys wrote:

> Real DBA's evolve :-)

I agree. The days of the command-line DBA are not numbered but the end is close enough you can see it with a pair of binoculars.

Still my major issue with GUIs, and the reason I believe you must understand the command line to effectively use a GUI, is that no GUI ever written has built into it the ability to do everything that can be done at a prompt.

Take any Oracle or third-party GUI product on the market. How many types of indexes can you build? Not as many as I can with SQL*Plus. And therein lies the issue.

--
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group