Re: Book on Offshore Outsourcing

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:46:51 -0700

indiaBPOking wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>>
>>> Secondly, America may now be learning, but in Europe we are still
>>> offshoring, and heading for disaster soon.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>> I'll bet you a beer our management is dumber than your management.
>>
>> Bring 'em on. ;-)
>> --
>> Daniel Morgan
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group

> Are you suggesting that the founder of Oracle is a dumb person??
>
> indiaBPOking.

No. Those in India working for him are his employees. And there are specific prohibitions against Oracle India off-shoring work to China and Vietnam.

My reference was to American IT management that is off-shoring to India and doesn't realize that much of what they send to India is off-shored yet again as Indian DBAs and developers are close to pricing themselves out of the market.

--
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group