Re: 9.2.0.8 + Critical Patch Updates

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:44:21 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:

> /* begin rant
>
> One of the things that you have to do for 9208 is to copy lsnodes from
> your oracle home bin directory to the /tmp/..../oui/bin directory
> before getting the list of nodes.
>
> Say what? Isn't this supposed to be the terminal release for 9.2 and
> it won't even install on RAC without manual efforts? With all the
> pushing of RAC by oracle one might think that installs for maintenance
> for it might actually work out of the box.
>
> end of rant */

I fully support and endorse your rant. This problem with 9.2.x RAC was identified back in 9.2.0.1.0 Beta and reported then to the RAC Pack and support. There is no excuse for this not being dealt with by 9.2.0.4 much less continuing to this day.

<RANT>
Oracle need to learn to test installs by first reinstalling the operating system. This bug appears to have been created by repeatedly installing builds on machines without first recreating the initial environment. And it is totally inexcusable. </RANT>

--
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group