Re: Oracle 7.3 for SCO UNIX

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Sep 2006 06:14:46 -0700

anuttam schreef:

> I'm trying to install 7.3 on Openserver 5, and all I'm getting is the
> following:
>
> Performing Oracle 7 Workgroup server installation
> A problem ocurred with the Oracle Installer. Try reinstalling it from
> distribution media. Or you can provide the following message to Support
> to debug the problem:
>
> User Interface failure:Window system startup
> Installation cancelled...
>
> cp cannot access /tmp/wgs-ows.ora: no such file or directory (error 2)
> chmod : WARNING: cannot access /etc/wgs-ows.ora: No such file or
> directory (error 2)
>
> ./wgstart.sh: /orainst: does not exist
>
> I am installing from and xterm window and from the install CD. If
> anyone has seen this please post

After regaining myself (really: you were installing WHAT version?!?), the
usual things:

- did you do xhost +?
- does xclock work?
- do you have access to /tmp and /etc?
- did you create a special Oracle user, or do you try this as root?
Trying this as root is an extremely bad idea! Received on Mon Sep 04 2006 - 08:14:46 CDT