Re: Oracle 10g startup problem

From: Chuck Whealton <chuck_whealton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2006 04:30:40 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> Chuck Whealton wrote:
>
> > Dan, the poster is running the XP system as a virtual machine. This
> > shouldn't have an impact.
>
> I may well be wrong here but I disagree. XP is not one thing. And it
> might have an impact. Either way verison info was not supplied for the
> VMWare either.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

Actually, you're right. What I really meant to say is that using VMware (at least any recent version that I've used) shouldn't stop Ana from running Oracle within a virtual machine - as long as the operating system is capable of running it.

Ana - what are you using for VMware?

Charles R. Whealton
Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com Received on Sat Sep 02 2006 - 06:30:40 CDT