Sudoku: Round 2

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 23:27:27 -0700

School starts again in October so I've a bit of time on my hands until then. And, realizing I had a lot of important things I needed to get done, instead I revisited my previous attempt at a PL/SQL Sudoku solver.

I know there are a couple of solutions in Perl that are written in 2-3 lines of code ... but their methodology is brute force and I find that inelegant so I went back to my original solution and added three more layers of sophistication.

I haven't been able to find a puzzle that can defeat it but I am hoping someone can. If you want to try ... www.psoug.org and click on PSOUG Sudoku Challenge in the bottom right quadrant.

Create two tables (sudoku and possibles) followed by three functions and a single procedure.

Now I know the code needs a huge amount of cleaning up, bind variables, more use of NDS, put it all into a package, etc. but before I spend time on that I am hoping someone will beat it into submission.

Let the game begin.

--
Daniel Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group