Re: How to determine which is the master node in RAC cluster?

From: NitelyJoy <nitelyjoy_at_ist-einmalig.de>
Date: 1 Sep 2006 13:56:38 -0700

There is something like a "master" node, definitely. I was told at a oracle rac workshop so.

This node organizes all transaction locks centralized and is first ask to answers global block requests ("cache fusion" technology) via interconnect link. If the master node dies, another node assumes the obligation. The information is restored by the new node via shared storage (less performance, but working!).

The first node started is the master node, but it may change in a running rac. As DBA you can't influence that and you shouldn't. It's not the concept of HA. I don't now whether a dict view exists to give out the master node status. But if someone knows, please tell us. Received on Fri Sep 01 2006 - 15:56:38 CDT