Re: processes get full on Oracle XE... how to change?

From: Casper <Casper_at_boh.it>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 19:52:52 +0200

Hi,

> Are you sure your db is using either of those init.ora files? Look for
> 'init<sid>.ora' , where '<sid>' is the name of your instance ... like
> initorcl.ora

yes, there is a initxe.ora, it contains this line:

SPFILE='C:\Sviluppo\Oracle\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\dbs/spfileXE.ora'

So I guess that this spfileXE.ora is the config file I'm supposed to modify, isnt it ?
Anyway, I just opened this file, it looks like a binary... with some text lines in it
I tried removing this line:
*.sessions=20
and adding this one:
processes=150

but it didnt' work!
Where could I be wrong ?

> Also, you do realize, of course, that changes to the init file are not
> dynamic. You have to bounce the instance to pick up the changes.

What do you mean by "bounce the instance" ? After I made the changes, I stopped the oracle services and restarted them. Is that correct?

thank you lots Received on Fri Sep 01 2006 - 12:52:52 CDT