Re: mailx is not working

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2006 13:19:58 -0700

muddu wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am running a simple unix script but mailx option is not working .
> please help me out.
>
> DAT=`date +%m%d%Y`
> MAIL=mudassar.dba_at_gmail.com
> AUDIT_DIR=$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit
> DIR=/opt/oracle/adminscripts
> . $DIR/parfiles/jobprofile
>
> cd $AUDIT_DIR
>
> #merge all .aud files to audit.log
> cat *.aud > audit_$DAT.log
>
> mv audit_$DAT.log $DIR/logs/audit/
> cd $DIR/logs/audit/
>
> #send audit.log to the mail recipient
> mailx -s "Audit log file" $MAIL < audit_$DAT.log
>
> Thanks.

Is mailx not working everywhere or just in this script? Which type of unix are you on?

Perhaps you don't have everything mailx needs? Have you modified sendmail.cf to turn on mail (on my hp-ux, I had to define DS and D$w so it knew where the mail server is, see
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp.hpux/msg/114cdd3f6cb72d67 )?

Are you getting mail back saying there were errors? Are you trying to send something bigger than your mail allows?

Daniel is right, this might be better asked in a unix forum. See http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.