Re: how to explain plan to table other than plan_table?

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 31 Aug 2006 12:08:53 -0700

Ed Prochak wrote:
> Ben wrote:
> > oracle ent ed, 9.2.0.5, dmts, compatible = 8.1.0 AIX5L
> >
> > How can you use explain plan with a plan table that is named something
> > other than plan_table?
>
> why would you want to put the plan somewhere else?
>
> But if you do, it is an option in the command. Have you looked at the
> manual yet?
>
> HTH,
> ed

Let me think about this.. I guess I should have worded this differently. Let me explain (no pun intended)

I want to use one centrally located PLAN_TABLE for all of our developers to have access to use. Be it in the SYSTEM schema or some other schema. How can USER_A explain plan on a statement logged in as USER_A and use SYSTEM.PLAN_TABLE?

Also, I thought it was utlxplan.sql that created the PLAN_TABLE?

Thanks Received on Thu Aug 31 2006 - 14:08:53 CDT