Costs for RMAN

From: <steven_nospam_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 31 Aug 2006 10:43:19 -0700

Anyone have a rough idea how much RMAN costs for US customers?

Our company has been buying the Oracle 9i Database Enterprise Edition for our Oracle clients but they do not include the RMAN product (or at least we never use it and I was told that it was because RMAN used to be too expensive to include).

As a result, we have been building our own software that uses UNIX commands to backup or copy the database, and I hate re-inventing the wheel or having to fix tedious Korn Shell scripts if there is a valid product that works (and works possibly better!).

Thx,

Steve Received on Thu Aug 31 2006 - 12:43:19 CDT