Re: Top-N query using analytic functions

From: Martin <martin.farrow_at_e2train.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2006 08:40:24 -0700

Martin wrote:
> Hmmm... I have another Oracle database server of the same version, and
> the query on there returns the expected 9 rows. So any ideas why this
> particular server is behaving differently for this query? I'm not aware
> that any settings have been changed within Oracle from the installation
> defaults.
>
> Martin.

OK... solved my own problem! Comparing the initialisation settings between the two servers, it seems the optimisation modes are different. The server that is working had "CHOOSE", where the server that wasn't working had "FIRST_ROWS_10". With the "FIRST_ROWS_10" option, the query does not work.

Many thanks to Mark and Jon for spending time on this.

Martin. Received on Thu Aug 31 2006 - 10:40:24 CDT