Re: Insert-Select much slower than same select on its own

From: <zzzzzz45_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2006 06:57:13 -0700

> how many rows do you select?

V. small number always (under 20)

> does it take under a second second to fetch all the rows?

Yes - in toad I can do the select, copy the rows into excel, print it, get the print out from my printer, ball it up and throw it at my monitor faster than oracle can get the rows into the table

> and are there any indexes on the target table?
I tried it with an identical empty table with no indexes and it made no difference to performance Received on Thu Aug 31 2006 - 08:57:13 CDT