Oracle 10g startup problem

From: Ana Ribeiro <ana.ribeiro_at_reflective.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2006 05:57:45 -0700

Hi,
I installed Oracle 10g in my computer (windows XP). After restarting the machine, the database did not start automatically.

I checked the following issues and everything was correct:

1) Oracle.exe was running
2) No problems in the alert.log of the database
3) No errors in the oradim.log in th $ORACLE_HOME/database directory
4) The windows services were correctly created
5) Th KEYS ORACLE_SID_STARTUP and ORACLE_SID_SHUTDOWN were set to true

I even tried to delete and create the service again, but the problem persisted. Any ideas?

Note: The environment was created in a VMWARE virtual machine

Many Thanks,
Ana Received on Thu Aug 31 2006 - 07:57:45 CDT